The Applicant Review Panel selects 60 of the most qualified applicants for the Commission. Three Certified Public Accountants will serve on the Panel.
How the process works
City Auditor randomly selects 3 Panel applicants
Panel selects the 60 most qualified Commission applicants
During a public meeting, the City Auditor’s office will randomly select three people to serve on the Applicant Review Panel. The majority of the Panel’s work will be from November 2020 to mid-January 2021.
You are eligible to serve on the Applicant Review Panel if:
- you are a CPA who is currently licensed by the Texas Board of Public Accountancy;
- you have been a practicing independent auditor for at least five years;
- you live in the City of Austin;
- you have no conflicts of interest.
Conflicts of Interest
You are not eligible to serve on the Panel if you or your spouse/domestic partner have:
Within five years immediately before the application date:
- been appointed to, elected to, or been a candidate for state or city office;
- served as an officer, employee, or paid consultant of a political party or of a candidate’s campaign for state, county, or city office;
- registered as a state or local lobbyist;
- contributed $1,000 or more to candidates for City of Austin in the last City election; or
Within three years immediately before the application date:
- been a paid employee of the City of Austin;
- been paid as a professional or political contractor for the City of Austin or any controlling person of such a contractor.