On Wednesday, October 6th, 2021, the ICRC Commission voted to incorporate a second round of edits based on public input. The Commission and its staff are working hard to update a new version of the map, which will be published on SpeakUpAustin!
Email public testimony to all 14 Commissioners at email@example.com.
Independent Citizens Redistricting Commission Meetings are posted here. Such meetings are broadcast and recorded on ATXN. To share your opinion at a Commission Meeting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org in advance and we will do our best to accommodate.
In-person and virtual public forums for citizens to share their thoughts on important considerations related to their community and district. See full schedule of public forum events on our SpeakUp Austin page.
Interpretation and/or translation services will be available free of charge by advance request in Spanish, Chinese or Vietnamese. Call 311 or email email@example.com to request these services 48 hours in advance of a public forum.
Upcoming ICRC Public Forum Dates for Viewing Preliminary City Council District Maps:
- Saturday, Sept. 18, 2021: 11AM – 1PM; Gus Garcia Recreation Center, 1201 E. Rundberg Lane, Austin, TX 78753
- Tuesday, Sept. 21, 2021: 6PM – 8PM; Mayfield Cottage, 3505 W. 35th St., Austin, TX 78703
- Saturday, Sept. 25, 2021: 1PM – 3PM; George Morales Dove Springs Recreation Center, 5801 Ainez Dr., Austin, TX 78744
- Tuesday, Sept. 28, 2021: 6PM – 8PM; Zoom details will be posted on SpeakUp Austin.
- Saturday, Oct. 2, 2021: 11AM – 1PM; Travis County Community Center at Oak Hill, 8656 State Hwy 71, Austin, TX 78735
After this final round of input, the ICRC will make any needed changes and host three more public forums to preview the proposed map draft prior to adoption.
- Saturday, October 16, 2021: 11AM – 1PM; South Austin Recreation Center, Austin, TX 78704
- Monday, October 18, 2021: 6PM – 8PM; Zoom. Register here.
- Wednesday, October 20, 2021: 6PM – 8PM; Dell Jewish Community Center, 7300 Hart Lane, Austin, TX 78731
Thank you for participating in this democratic process!